At this time, due to health and safety concerns relating to the pandemic, BMS will not be providing snacks or lunch for students. Parents will need to provide this from home. BMS admin is working on a plan to return to BMS provided snacks, the Pizza Friday fundraiser, Fruity Tuesday, BMS Hot-lunch program, and student culinary activities, and will inform parents via email with updates as they become available either prior or during the 2021-22 Academic School year. Thank you for allowing BMS the time to implement these programs carefully, with the utmost importance placed on health and safety first. Please read the 2021-22 updated Handbook (provided Summer of 2021) for Food and Snack guidelines.
As of right now, parents should plan to bring all food from home at the beginning of the child’s school day, which includes (1) LUNCH, (1) AM Snack, (1) PM Snack (1) water bottle (for children ages 15 months and up) and any accompanying milk/drinks. Please limit or omit juice/sugary drink products if possible.
- Please make sure your child eats breakfast at home. Parents who enroll their child in the extended day (morning/aftercare) may provide breakfast for their child to eat at school.
- Snacks should be provided by the parent – Snacks for all students, except infants, will be served in their homeroom at 9:30 am and 3:00 pm. Students ages 2 and under will need 1 additional snack if the child is enrolled in extended care.
- Lunch should be provided by the parent – lunch for all students, except infants, will be served in their homeroom at 11:30 am. Please ensure your child has their lunch in a lunch box, labeled with the name and date in hand, no later than 11:00 am, so that the child may participate in their lunch routine.
- Please note for Pre-Primary, Primary and Elementary classes, lunch boxes are not able to be placed in the fridge and cannot be warmed in the microwave, due to the number of students enrolled. Please use ice-packs or thermos-type containers instead in order to keep lunches from home at the proper temperature prior to serving them to your child during lunch time.
Please follow these guidelines for lunch:
- All containers should be easy for the child to open and close themselves or with very little assistance from the teacher.
- Lunches AND water bottles must be labeled with the child’s name and date
- Infant Program each container must be labeled
- Toddler Program and older – Only the outside of the lunch box and water bottle must be labeled.
- NO PEANUTS/TREE NUTS OR PRODUCTS made at plants where peanuts/tree nuts are manufactured are accepted at school.
- No candy or “fast food”- In the event fast food is necessary please pack it into a lunchbox without the soda and a toy. Please label the lunchbox with your child’s name and date.